Third monitor is identified but black screen

McDewm

Commendable
May 18, 2016
So recently I decided to install a new hard drive. It went successfully, and I have it installed.
However, when I turned my PC on right after I put it in, my third monitor was black and wasn't showing anything. In display settings (and Nvidia control panel) it's listed, so it has no problems connecting to the computer itself, it just won't display. I also connected it to a different PC, and it worked just fine. So it's most likely a hardware problem, maybe graphics.

Right now, I'm going to open my PC back up to see if I disconnected anything, but I feel like if that was the case, then none of my monitors would be displaying, so I doubt this will work. But I mean it feels better doing something than nothing considering I don't know what else to do... so if anyone else has some better advice, I would love to hear.

I have a GTX-960 by the way, almost two years old. All of my other parts are still kind of new (built this PC back in July). My two working monitors are running through Display Port and HDMI, and my third that isn't working is connected to DVI. And just putting it out there, my three monitors have worked since I got my graphics card, so it isn't like it hasn't worked before.

Solution
K, so I fixed it, it was the simplest thing: I have three DisplayPort ports, and I simply switched to a different port. I literally have no idea how that affects my third monitor (since I use DisplayPort for my main monitor and DVI for my third), but I mean hey, if it's working again, I won't complain.

McDewm

Commendable
May 18, 2016
K, so I fixed it, it was the simplest thing: I have three DisplayPort ports, and I simply switched to a different port. I literally have no idea how that affects my third monitor (since I use DisplayPort for my main monitor and DVI for my third), but I mean hey, if it's working again, I won't complain.

Solution