Thread Stuck in device driver BSOD (Usually when running games)

timmyctc

Honorable
Sep 19, 2014
So I've had this ongoing issue for almost the entire time I've been running Windows 10 and it comes and goes intermittently with no real solution sticking.

Almost exclusively occurs when running games although it occurred once or twice outside of this leading me to believe it coulda been an audio driver issue but clean driver reinstalls have yielded no good results. Have attached the DMP files and would be greatful if anyone could help shed light on whats causing this.

Specs
Lenovo z50
Processor : AMD FX7500 Radeon R7
Memory : 8GB RAM
GPU: 1GB R7

DMP

Solution
generally, you will want to go to your motherboard vendors website and update the BIOS and all of the drivers as a first attempt at a fix.

looked at the third memory dump:
bugcheck in the graphics subsystem caused by stack corruption. I would guess you should install the current version of your GPU drivers including the current GPU sound driver.

here are the dates of the installed GPU drivers:
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\AtihdWT6.sys Wed Nov 15 21:12:15 2017
SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Thu Jul 7 12:28:01 2016
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys Thu Jul 7 12:01:28 2016
note that your GPU sound driver is much newer than the base graphics drivers.
This could be what corrupts the stack. (go and install the...

timmyctc

Honorable
Sep 19, 2014
MERGED QUESTION
Question from timmyctc : "Thread Stuck in device driver BSOD (Usually when running games)"

So I've had this ongoing issue for almost the entire time I've been running Windows 10 and it comes and goes intermittently with no real solution sticking.

Almost exclusively occurs when running games although it occurred once or twice outside of this leading me to believe it coulda been an audio driver issue but clean driver reinstalls have yielded no good results. Have attached the DMP files and would be greatful if anyone could help shed light on whats causing this.

Specs
Lenovo z50
Processor : AMD FX7500 Radeon R7
Memory : 8GB RAM
GPU: 1GB R7

DMP

generally, you will want to go to your motherboard vendors website and update the BIOS and all of the drivers as a first attempt at a fix.

looked at the third memory dump:
bugcheck in the graphics subsystem caused by stack corruption. I would guess you should install the current version of your GPU drivers including the current GPU sound driver.

here are the dates of the installed GPU drivers:
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\AtihdWT6.sys Wed Nov 15 21:12:15 2017
SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys Thu Jul 7 12:28:01 2016
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys Thu Jul 7 12:01:28 2016
note that your GPU sound driver is much newer than the base graphics drivers.
This could be what corrupts the stack. (go and install the current version of the GPU drivers)
(generally, it would be the sound driver or the motherboard sound driver)

running a old build of windows 10, you need to apply windows updates.

Solution