Computer crashing (black screen) when playing video games.

Mar 3, 2018
I've been having this issue for a while now and it's starting to drive me crazy. The issue is that my computer goes to a black screen with no sound, and I have to reboot. When it started, it would crash after 10-20 minutes of playing certain games. Now, it crashed as soon as I start any game. I have tried updating all drivers and bios, reinstalling my games, and a fresh install of windows. The fresh install fixed the issue for a day or 2, but then the issue came back. My CPU temps stays around 20-30C, and my GPU temp is around 50-60C.

Specs:

Motherboard: Asus M4A87TD/USB3
CPU: AMD Phenom X6 100T, 3300 Mhz, 6cores
Graphics: Radeon RX 470
8GB ram

Let me know if there's anything I can do to pinpoint the issue, I'm tired of spending my days off work trying to fix this problem, unable to play games and relax.

Mar 5, 2018

I have had practically the same issue for quite a while except when the screen goes black it doesn't always fully crash and after 10-15 seconds comes back on.. I cant really play league of legends anymore. I found a fix that worked for about a month. I used MSI Afterburner to power limit and underclock my GPU. Like I said though, It worked perfectly for about a month or 2 but it doesn't seem to help anymore.

Mar 3, 2018

Thanks for reminding me to check the RAM, that was the issue.

Glad I could help.