HDMI to DVI cable not working on Xbox one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofus Pedersen

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
I just bought an HDMI to DVI cable to play on my Xbox one with my monitor, but it doesn't work. i have tried using the cable to connect my monitor and PC, and that works fine, but whenever i use my Xbox it says that it's connected but it doesn't show any image. I know the Xbox works (i tried it on our TV in the living room) and i obviously know that the PC and monitor works.

HAMA122130

My Hama HDMI to DVI cable

Sofus Pedersen

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
It only has one DVI port and yes, it does have an auto adjustment button, but when i press it while it's in the Xbox nothing happens and when i press it while it's in my PC it just says not available.

Auto Adjustment is only for VGA port (because of sync of H and V position).

Well you can try always another cable DVI-I dual link

Like this one because it has all connections https://www.ebay.com/itm/DVI-I-Dual-Link-24-5pin-Male-to-HDMI-Standard-Female-Adapter-fr-HDTV-DVD-Black/272778989100?epid=562000406&hash=item3f82e50e2c:g:ckMAAOSwnDZUALou

It may be because its missing some? Not sure, did you try HDMI to DVI from PC/Laptop to make sure its not cable's fault or not supported by monitor because in manual stands for DVI-D,
Can you take high quality picture and upload it soo i can see, if its not problem because as i said, i don't trust manuals too much (back of the Monitor/TV).

Sofus Pedersen

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

Yes i did try it on my PC and it works, so i'm pretty sure the cable works

I´m not sure if this is what you wanted me to take a picture of
28536174_2030590710488856_1539428084_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.