Chipset drivers actually AMD Catalyst drivers?

Endre555

Reputable
Jul 4, 2016
So I've just reinstalled Win 10, and it's the first time I actually tried to install this chipset driver. On the website of the motherboard, the downloadable file under Windows 10 64bit, Chipset driver turns out to be an AMD Catalyst graphic driver installer, and I have a GTX 1050.

Picture: https://imgur.com/a/7Xrwj

Should I download it? I'm afraid it will mess with my other graphics drivers plus it's from 2015 november, so it's outdated, but for this MOBO, there isn't a newer one.

In Device Manager there are no driver problems (no exclamation marks), so everything should be as good without that "chipset" driver, as with it, right?

My PC:
ASUS A88X-PLUS
AMD A8 7600
KIngston 2x4GB DDR3 1866MHz
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Win 10 64bit

Solution
It's not a chipset driver. It's the igpu driver. Probably just a typo but it does say vga driver on the site as well. Most drivers don't even need to be downloaded as windows gets them. Other extra unnecessary software is also included and labeled as drivers on mobo sites.
It's not a chipset driver. It's the igpu driver. Probably just a typo but it does say vga driver on the site as well. Most drivers don't even need to be downloaded as windows gets them. Other extra unnecessary software is also included and labeled as drivers on mobo sites.

Solution