Monitor Suggestions - 1440p @ 144hz

Scollie67

Honorable
Aug 28, 2014
Hello,

I’ve been scouring the internet looking at various reviews for monitors and I have came down to two options.

1. Acer XB271HU
2. ASUS ROG PG279Q

I’m struggling to decide between what monitor get. The ASUS seems to be regarded as slightly better - however there seems to be a lot of issues regarding quality control which is something that I find dissuading as the Acer does not have this issue.

Additionally, the Acer is ~£150 cheaper.

I’m wondering if anyone with experience with either monitor could help me out with making this decision. Also if anyone has any other monitor reccomedations then I’d be more than happy to look into them & however I am aiming for a monitor that is 1440 @ 144hz with G-SYNC.

All help is very much appreciated and I am entirely thankful for you taking the time to read my post and helping me.

Scollie67

Honorable
Aug 28, 2014
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Scollie67 : "1440p @ 144Hz Monitor Shopping"

Hello,

I’m currently looking into purchasing a new monitor. I’m aiming for one that is 27”, 1440p, 144Hz refresh rate and has G-SYNC, preferably IPS but I’m not 100% against TN.

I am currently stuck between these two options.

1. Acer XB271HU

2. ASUS PG279Q

I see online that the ASUS tends to be regarded as the better of the two however the ASUS seems to have issues regarding quality control. Additionally, the ASUS is ~£150 more expensive.

Does anyone have any experience with either monitor and would be willing to help me reach a decision.

Additionally, if you have any other monitor suggestions that I should maybe look into feel free to post them. I don’t have a specific price range however I’d be willing to spend up too £800 (I live in the UK).

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. All help and suggestions are much appreciated.