New GPU not detected by monitor but everything functioning normally.

QuibbyFailed

Reputable
May 17, 2015
So,

I recently bought an ASUS Cerebrus 1050ti and upon installing it I find that the PC boots up normally and all fans spin. Leaving the speakers on I can hear that the PC starts up and even logs in fine, however there is no signal to my monitor.

I thought initially it may be a PSU issue as I have a fairly off-brand 500W PSU which isn't very highly reviewed but is mostly 80% or so efficient. But then equally everything functions normally.

I have been careful to uninstall old drivers first and my previous card still works fine in the slot. I have tried updating the BIOS but to no avail.

I wonder if the HDMI output on the card is bad and have ordered a DVI cable to try instead. Beyond this what could the problem be and how could I fix it?

The card draws all its power through the PCI-e slot so no need to worry about power cables there.

It was also brought new.

Dead card or could there be a solution?

EDIT: Also have tried the on board motherboard graphics but signal is not being put through there

QuibbyFailed

Reputable
May 17, 2015
Never mind, managed to sort it. Dug out a DVI-HDMI adapter I fogrgot I had and tested out hte DVI port and it worked, the culprit was a dodgy HDMI report which was a relief