Wich one is the best: G.Skill Tridentz RGB DDR4 2400Mhz or Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 2400Mhz?

alejandrux

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Dear community

Recently I bought the Tridentz RGB DDR4 just for enhanced the look of my Pc build, I have Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 too.

As far as I know the Kingston Memory base clock speed is 2400mhz and a CL12, but the Tridentz seems needs to overclocked to get the same 2400mhz speed, they also have a CL15.

I use my PC mainly for programming Windows desktop applications, surf the net, see youtube, and sometimes use the Office suite, I don't use it for gamming.

Do you think the new Tridentz RGB meets my daily basis tasks?

I was testing the new G.Skill ram memory for around 6 hours and I see no difference in performance against the Kingston HyperX Savage.

Should I keep the G.skill or it was a wasted of money?

Can you please give me your comments?

Thanks

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Like said above the lower the latency the better technically, however you may never notice that difference in the real world.

In my opinion I certainly think you wasted your money, you bought slower RAM just because you think it looks better.

alejandrux

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018

That's correct Sir

Last year I bought 32GB of Kingston HyperX Savage 2400Mhz for 130USD total in an Ebay offer, I was lucky considering the new prices on this year.

The TridentZ RGB I bought it for 300USD on Ebay and it's 32GB split in 4 modules of 8GB, honestly as you wrote me I think it was a wasted of my money too. The only good reason is that looks fantastic when I turn my head and see into my In Win 101 case.

rgb.jpg

Thanks for you comment

alejandrux

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018

Thanks Mike