Blue screen of death

Mar 4, 2018
Blue screen of death on pc it won’t let go to factory settings and I can’t use safe mode. Would getting a windows 10 recovery usb be the solution?

Solution
can you get into windows?

If you can't, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

since you willing to factory reset I would just clean install win 10 again
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart...

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you get into windows?

If you can't, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

since you willing to factory reset I would just clean install win 10 again
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here).

Solution
Mar 4, 2018

Mar 4, 2018
Tried to do as you suggested now I can’t access the BIOS. I have a MSI which says either the del or F2 button but nothing but I can access the safe mode.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are you trying to do a reset or did I misunderstand you above?

Is it an MSI laptop or motherboard? If laptop, what model? If motherboard, which one?

have you tried holding the del or F2 keys in before starting PC and only releasing key when its obvious its ignoring you?

if its a motherboard, we may be able to reset its cmos as doing that normally forces PC to load you into bios on restart, so you can set defaults.