Clean Install Bios Problems?

Mar 5, 2018
So I did a clean install onto a new M.2 SSD which works and loads perfectly but the old EMMC drive still shows a recovery and EFI partition and it cant be formatted.
2IUGZBQ.jpg

This is what the Disk Management looks like, if I delete the EFI partition I brick the laptop right?

Solution
Yeah, it used the EFI that already existed and added C to its list - also explains why the RAW partition is still seen as system, as the old EFI information clearly points at it. Win 10 just trying to be helpful and adding itself to pre existing structures. Also used drive for the recovery partition as well. Potentially it just reused an already existing one.

Win 10 makes up to 4 partitions:
Partition 1 - Recovery
Partition 2 - System - The EFI System partition that contains the NTLDR, HAL, Boot.txt, and other files that are needed to boot the system, such as drivers.
Partition 3 - MSR - The Microsoft Reserved (MSR) partition that reserves space on each disk drive for subsequent use by operating system software.
Partition 4 -...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yeah, it used the EFI that already existed and added C to its list - also explains why the RAW partition is still seen as system, as the old EFI information clearly points at it. Win 10 just trying to be helpful and adding itself to pre existing structures. Also used drive for the recovery partition as well. Potentially it just reused an already existing one.

Win 10 makes up to 4 partitions:
Partition 1 - Recovery
Partition 2 - System - The EFI System partition that contains the NTLDR, HAL, Boot.txt, and other files that are needed to boot the system, such as drivers.
Partition 3 - MSR - The Microsoft Reserved (MSR) partition that reserves space on each disk drive for subsequent use by operating system software.
Partition 4 - Primary - Where Windows is to be installed to.

you have 3 of them, the MSR seems pretty optional and isn't always made

Can you take old drive out? or is it a 60gb cache drive?

I would have fresh installed with only the nvme in if you could. Other choice is wipe entire emmc drive and make a partition that is entire size of drive, then win 10 won't have space on it to create an EFI or recovery partition

Solution