How to fix Ricoh color printer that prints mis-aligned colors?

Studly

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
I have a relatively new Ricoh SP C250DN printer that recently ran out of the black toner in the starter cartridge. Haven't used it for a while while it was out, but just added toner and replaced the chip on the black toner cartridge, and although it now prints black items on the page so they are clear and look good, the other colors are now printing so they are misaligned or slightly shifted. For instance cyan prints a little too low, yellow prints a little to the left of where it should, etc. Looks like a 3D movie without wearing the 3D glasses.:)

Not sure if replacing the black toner (the other colors are low on toner but still printing from their starter cartridges) and moving the cartridge in and out of the unit had anything to do with it or if it was just coincidence. But to try and fix it, I did reinstall the printer drivers on my Windows PC, upgraded to the latest firmware on the printer, did a factory reset of the printer settings, and nothing is fixing it. Any ideas on what else could cause this and how to fix it?

You should have specified that at the outset then.

If the alignment procedure given in the manual didn't fix it then the only alternative is to take it to a shop for evaluation/repair. There's nothing more you can do.