Cannot work out what's wrong with my monitor

Mar 5, 2018
Hey everyone,

So I recently built a new computer and bought a new monitor(Samsung curved gaming monitor) and It was working fine for a while but when I started playing Rainbow six siege it would sometimes end up doing what is shown in the link below- changing lots of the darker colours to red and black bars.

https://imgur.com/a/mYxV5

i don't really know what to do, this also happens sometimes on fallout 4 and other than the red makes weird green shades on the screen. But, it will work fine on other games like fortnite, dota 2 and borderlands 2. So i'm thinking this might be a problem with my gpu?

My computer specs are

Samsung curved gaming monitor

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz

Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti

MotherBoard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

RAM Hyper X Fury 16 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit

Solution
I would first try another graphics driver version. Download and install it from the Geforce.com site.

Try resetting the monitor by unplugging all cables and power for 30 seconds or so. Then re-connect the monitor and see if it helped. Try switching out the monitor cable.

And lastly try the integrated graphics. Does the distortion continue. If not then try switching out the graphics card.

Be conscious of the return period on the monitor and graphics card.
I would first try another graphics driver version. Download and install it from the Geforce.com site.

Try resetting the monitor by unplugging all cables and power for 30 seconds or so. Then re-connect the monitor and see if it helped. Try switching out the monitor cable.

And lastly try the integrated graphics. Does the distortion continue. If not then try switching out the graphics card.

Be conscious of the return period on the monitor and graphics card.

Solution