Monitor 1440p 24" vs 1440p 27"

Mar 6, 2018
I have a gtx 1080 and I would like to change the monitor. should I take a 24 "or 27" 1440p monitor? compared to a 1080 24 "I see objects shrunken or is it just a question of sharpness? ty guys

Solution
A 1440p has higher pixel density so objects will be a little smaller. This is why larger panels are better for higher resolutions because the pixels per inch will change. With that being said, the pixel density is not bad at 1440p and I think it is the sweet spot for PC task. But if you want a 4k panel on a 24" monitor you will need a magnifying glass to read words.

I would go with the 27" panel if you can afford it. In the long run you will like it a lot more.
A 1440p has higher pixel density so objects will be a little smaller. This is why larger panels are better for higher resolutions because the pixels per inch will change. With that being said, the pixel density is not bad at 1440p and I think it is the sweet spot for PC task. But if you want a 4k panel on a 24" monitor you will need a magnifying glass to read words.

I would go with the 27" panel if you can afford it. In the long run you will like it a lot more.

Solution
Mar 6, 2018
so if I take as an example a game like battlefield 1 or PUBG, it is better to take a 27 inch to avoid problems in spotting enemies. Or is HUD only smaller in the game?
excuse me if I ask stupid questions

Right now I'm running 31" 1440p, and all I can say it is much much better then 24" 1080p I used before. The picture is more clear, and of course working space is awesome. Plus there is no problem to move few meters back onto the couch, take a wireless pad and play games that way. Yes, I had some worries it will be too big before buying, and was actually looking for 27" size. But now I'm happy with 31".

smashjohn

Reputable
Aug 14, 2017
I think you're right on. I had a 27" @ 1440 and things were still a little too small for me. I found myself switching between 1440 and 1080 depending on what I was doing... 32" @ 1440 is a nice sweet spot IMHO.

I only see the difference in the HUD. I play at both 1440p and 4k and the game is rendered the same, it is just any overlay or HUD will be smaller.