Very High end Gaming Computer having some very high frame drops.

Mar 6, 2018
I recently upgraded my computer and have been enjoying gaming on it very much. However, in the last few weeks, many games have just become unplayable due to large drops in fps. Such as fortnite running at 140fps to just drop randomly to 10-15 for a few minutes before it stabilizes back at 140. or in csgo i'll average 300 then my computer just shits the bed and will drop from 30-80-300 back to 30 and will do this for minutes on end. All of my drivers are updated that I'm aware of. I'm just at a loss for what to do anymore any help would be much appreciated.

Specs
Intel 8700k
Asus 1070
G.SKILL Aegis 8GB x2
MSI MSI Z370
Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2
EVGA 750W Bronze
Windows 10

Solution
- Drivers up to date? (Try Driver Booster @ www.iobit.com)
- You're more than likely running a wired connection, but I'd check latency anyways.
- Try running Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) when running the game and monitor it during the frame rate drops. Take note of other processes too that might be eating up resources (Such as an Antivirus)
Mar 6, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from andatop11 : "High end Gaming computer has huge fps Drops"

I recently upgraded my computer and have been enjoying gaming on it very much. However, in the last few weeks, many games have just become unplayable due to large drops in fps. Such as fortnite running at 140fps to just drop randomly to 10-15 for a few minutes before it stabilizes back at 140. or in csgo i'll average 300 then my computer just shits the bed and will drop from 30-80-300 back to 30 and will do this for minutes on end. All of my drivers are updated that I'm aware of. I'm just at a loss for what to do anymore any help would be much appreciated.

Specs
Intel 8700k
Asus 1070
G.SKILL Aegis 8GB x2
MSI MSI Z370
Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2
EVGA 750W Bronze
Windows 10

- Drivers up to date? (Try Driver Booster @ www.iobit.com)
- You're more than likely running a wired connection, but I'd check latency anyways.
- Try running Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) when running the game and monitor it during the frame rate drops. Take note of other processes too that might be eating up resources (Such as an Antivirus)

Solution