Sudden Slow Booting and Other Odd Issues :(

ViridianVexus

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2014
I like to think I'm quite computer literate, but this one has me scratching my head. Out of nowhere, I could not right click items on the taskbar, nor could I launch many applications (i.e. TaskManager -Even with Ctl+Alt+Del- photos, some instances of file explorer would freeze up, and I couldn't get into control panel or installed applications.) When I would try to launch programs that required Administrator (me) authorization, clicking yes, the window would disappear and show me my desktop blank as it does when it takes a sec sometimes. It would only go away if I pressed Ctl+Alt+Del (still can't launch TaskManager) and click cancel. When I tried to restart Windows Explorer, I was stuck with a black screen and only taskmanager open because I was able to open it fast enough and hadn't closed it. I thought it was a virus at first, so once I restarted the PC(one of several times), I tried to launch an anti-malware program ASAP. Turned up nothing. I can now right click on the taskbar and launch programs needing authorization, but windows is booting EXTREMELY slow. Too slow for my specs, which are;

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming
2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 RAM
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 FTW
Corsair RM1000X PSU
2- 1TB HDD
320GB HDD

My system scan using sfc /scannow did not turn up any integrity violations. Any thoughts? System has been running lightning fast since I upgraded my Mobo, CPU, and RAM about a month ago. Very in-ordinary now.

PS, startup apps are/were not an issue.

Colif

Win 11 Master
tried safe mode?

on the screen before the login box, where is shows 3 icons in bottom right, click the power button
while holding shift, click the restart button
this loads a blue menu on startup
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

see if same things happen here, could point at cause being drivers if its okay here, or hardware if its still causing problems.

Which drive is the boot drive? Slow reactions can mean its the hdd at fault

ViridianVexus

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2014

I feel bad because I may have wasted your time. I appreciate the response though. My boot drive is the 320GB HDD, so there isn't much on it. pretty much just the OS and a couple programs that HAD to be installed on the same drive as the OS. However, this boot up would be my 3rd one since I posted the thread, and it's been fine so far. Back to almost instant desktop load.I just found this so odd because I've been PC gaming for 5 years now, using my PC everyday, and I have never experienced and issue like that. I'll keep an eye on it though, thanks again.
P.S. If It does happen again, I will give your suggestion a shot!