External keyboard stuttering due to insufficient power even with a powered USB hub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kape297

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
So, I have a beat up laptop, Toshiba Satellite C855, as my everyday home computer. Can't afford a new laptop or desktop since its not really cheap for my living conditions anyway. What I meant by beat up is that the built in keyboard is done for and stops it from booting up so I went and removed it opting to use an external keyboard instead.

My current setup is laptop, small 16:9 TV as 2nd monitor, external mouse, and external keyboard. This all went well for a year or so until I replaced my keyboard. Its just a cheap one but apparently it requires much more power than the previous one, thus it starts to type like "ttheesse" instead of well, proper spelling. This stuttering ONLY happens when my 2nd tv monitor is connected to the laptop through a VGA cable. If I removed said monitor, everything goes to normal. I decided to buy the model of the older keyboard that I used but no stock is available. So I bought a powered usb hub but the problem still continues. What am I doing wrong? Isn't the monitor supposed to be self powered? why does it draw so much compared to my mouse and keyboard? This greatly affects my gaming and work experience so a solution is greatly appreciated.

kape297

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kape297 : "Help with stuttering keyboard problem?"

I have an external keyboard for my laptop since the built in one was broken and I had it physically removed. I use a 2nd monitor and whenever I use that, my keyboard goes nuts. I can't type properly, thus I can't play games, do simple commands like copy paste or shift letters LIKE THIS since the keys register on and off very rapidly. I bought a powered usb hub but that did nothing. Help please.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kape297 : "Keyboard not getting enough power even with powered usb hub."

Status
Not open for further replies.