Newly upgraded PC freezing

Mar 11, 2018
Hello, and thanks in advance for your help.

I recently upgraded my budget gaming PC that I built in 2012. Here are the current PC specs:

NEW* AMD FX-8370 - stock clock and volts for now. All I have done is turn off turbo, quiet and cool, etc.
ASUS M5A99X EVO Motherboard - most recent BIOS installed
Ballistix 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
NEW* MSI Gaming X 6G 1060
NEW* Samsung 500gb SSD
Rosewill Hive Series 650W Modular PSU
Fresh install of Windows 7, all updates done and the Bulldozer hotfixes installed.

The problem: When gaming, the PC randomly freezes. Also, from time to time, with Chrome or IE open, the window will freeze and like gray out. I can still do other tasks on the computer, as long as it is not with Chrome or IE. A little back story; when I first upgraded this computer, 2 days ago, I had put in two more brand new sticks of (the exact same) ram for a total of 16GB. When I would boot into the BIOS it would not recognize one of the new sticks. After reseating all of the ram sticks a few times it finally recognized them. After booting into windows 10 ( used my old HDD at first) which took probably 3 or 4 minutes, and trying to play games (PUBG and Starcraft 2) it would randomly crash. Sometimes the program would just crash, other times it would cause the PC to reboot. I tried removing the 2 new ram sticks and trying again, but the system just seemed to preform slower, to the point I could not even load into PUBG. So I bought a new SSD and installed my original copy of windows 7 on it. When I put in the SSD I added the new ram sticks back into the machine. After windows 7 installed I attempted to update windows and all of my drivers. Windows would not update and the PC was still extremely sluggish. Upon removing the two ram sticks the PC is much faster, and generally feels like it should feel, except the issue noted at the top. Also, windows updates were successful after removing the new ram.

Help! I took a system that worked, but was slow, and made it into a "fast" unstable system.

Edit to add: Browsing around on the web tonight I had it freeze a couple of more times. When this freezes I can still minus down stuff that is open, however I cannot interact with any program that is open or launch new ones, nor does the computer respond to CTRL ALT DEL. After a couple of minutes it "catches up with itself" and works fine.

I went into the bios and bumped my ram voltage up slightly from the stock 1.5 to like 1.55 or so. This has not helped. Looking at HWMONITOR my VCORE is 1.26, this seems really low, could I have an issue here??? should i set it to like 1.3 and see if it helps?

Mar 11, 2018
Okay, I just ran intel burn test and got an error. See below.
rlbbjc.png

2w40g7a.png

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If HWMonitor is at least somewhat accurate (a software tool so it could be wrong) is your 3,3V rail of the psu out of ATX spec. Can you test with another psu?
What does it give in the bios? Is without system under load so will probably be different.

Another software tool,see if this gives the same values?

download hwinfo,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run".
Don't run these at the same time.

The atx specs for the 3.3V rail,

+3.3:deviation-±5% (±0.165 V) ,lies between: +3.135 V to +3.465
Your picture says between: " 3.132V (highest) and 3.118V (lowest) "