Pc freezes while playing games

Mar 12, 2018
My Pc freezes when i play any game.
Example : I start a game play it for 10 min sometimes 1 hour if im lucky and it just freezes, i can see the game freezed but can't do anything besides restarting my pc.

Solution
Check for viruses, then watch your GPU/CPU temps during games. If you're using an amd you can push your amd temps to an app on your iphone/android (amd link). Nvidia probably* has something similar, if you don't simply have a second monitor you can run your temps from (hwmonitor, gpu-z etc).

After or before, check to see what your max safe temps are for your cpu and gpu, and compare against what its showing your temps are going up to. Very very generally i'd keep cpu's below 60c, and gpu's below 80c (though gpu's range all over the place, even more so then cpu's...some are ok almost to 100, some only to 60c...). I keep my cpu and gpu below 50c and 60c respectively.

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
Check for viruses, then watch your GPU/CPU temps during games. If you're using an amd you can push your amd temps to an app on your iphone/android (amd link). Nvidia probably* has something similar, if you don't simply have a second monitor you can run your temps from (hwmonitor, gpu-z etc).

After or before, check to see what your max safe temps are for your cpu and gpu, and compare against what its showing your temps are going up to. Very very generally i'd keep cpu's below 60c, and gpu's below 80c (though gpu's range all over the place, even more so then cpu's...some are ok almost to 100, some only to 60c...). I keep my cpu and gpu below 50c and 60c respectively.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS