4k 60hz monitor & a 1920x1080 144hz Monitor

Deptty

Honorable
Mar 8, 2016
Hi all, I’m pretty new around here and I’ve done some fair research on my problem but it seems noone has asked it like this: (From what I can see anyway).

I currently have a Viewsonic 4k monitor which I play on, it was really expensive, but only recently have I discovered that to play FPS games a lot more smoother you need that 144hz, which mine doesn’t have. Now I’ve done some shopping and Ive found a monitor I like, now my question is run I have my 4k monitor as my secondary monitor, and my 144hz monitor as my normal gaming one without any issues while playing on my 144hz?

Otherwise I’m going to have to scrap my 4k monitor!

Thanms in advance

Solution
Not exactly sure what you are asking, but they will both run at their specified refresh rate. So the 4k/60 will run at 60hz and your other monitor will run at 144hz. If you are gaming on both at the same time you will have trouble running it because it will stress your GPU to hard.

I have a 4k and a ultrawide and I swap them out pending the game. I just select which monitor I want the game to play and go with it.
Not exactly sure what you are asking, but they will both run at their specified refresh rate. So the 4k/60 will run at 60hz and your other monitor will run at 144hz. If you are gaming on both at the same time you will have trouble running it because it will stress your GPU to hard.

I have a 4k and a ultrawide and I swap them out pending the game. I just select which monitor I want the game to play and go with it.

Solution
I think you are good.

A game will default to the primary monitor.
You can switch which is primary on the desktop.
There is no issue if you connect both monitors to the same graphics card because the secondary will not add any significant load.
Make certain that your graphics card can, in addition output 144hz @1080P on the attachment.