questions about 2k monitor

Andyus86

Honorable
Mar 29, 2015
Hello, can you help me choise which one is better for your experience? From amazon warehouse in my country( for fill my budget) i can choose 4 models:

lenovo l27q10
benq bl2420pt
benq gw2765ht
asus vx24ah
main use is gaming like some league of legens, some fps single player games like RPG/adventure and websurt. I prefer IPS for color quality. And 2 are 27 inc, i'm not sure if they are "too big" from a normal distance..btw someone can help me decide which one choise and positive/negative feature for each monitor? thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

Solution
may be. I use the 34" 3440x1440 monitor and sometimes i game in borderless window 2560x1440. that game window about the size of 27" monitor.
i'm sitting about 75-85cm from the screen while gaming and it is comfortable for me.
I also have 24" monitor which was previously my primary one - not much of a difference in noticing what happens in the corners.
But that is personal. some pro players prefer 24" for shooters like CS:GO.

skywalkerqq

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
I use the Lenevo q10 22 inch version, its 1440p @60hz, looks freakin amazing. Unfortunately the backlighting is pretty powerful, there is no bleed but when my room lights are off its really easy to see the blacks are backlit. And there is no height adjust. I've gotten used to it.

The other monitors seem pretty great, you've chosen well. Benq is a very reputable brand, I recommend choosing one of theirs because they last really long.

be mindful that IPS screens always have backlighting, you can change the brightness but the color changes so then you have to recalibrate the monitor at that brightness.

It is possible you might pay extra for a monitor with speakers, don't use monitor speakers, they suck.

A larger monitor=less pixel density. basicly it will be easier to see each individual pixel which i dont like. Greater pixel density makes the image look way better. People are always excited about 70" 4k TVs, but you get up close and it looks crappy because every pixel is just massive.

Andyus86

Honorable
Mar 29, 2015

thanks for the answer, are you sure 22 inch version? i read there is a 24", never hear about a smaller one. I read 24" version and 27" are almost the same except color depth. It's 8bit on 24" and 8bit+FRC (10bit) on 27", but i'm not sure, you know somethig about it?
I read also it had some ghosting problem, do you have some problems like this and/or did you try in in games?

yes i was thinking the same, but 27 imho seems a bit large, i have to turn my head for watch in other side and maybe this can a be a little pain in some RTS games, don't you think?

may be. I use the 34" 3440x1440 monitor and sometimes i game in borderless window 2560x1440. that game window about the size of 27" monitor.
i'm sitting about 75-85cm from the screen while gaming and it is comfortable for me.
I also have 24" monitor which was previously my primary one - not much of a difference in noticing what happens in the corners.
But that is personal. some pro players prefer 24" for shooters like CS:GO.

Solution