Windows 10 clean install keeps locking up when installation starts

leinad4

Reputable
Mar 13, 2018
I have been trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 using a bootable USB made from the media creation tool. It all works fine until it begins trying to install it. My PC restarts (as it says before the install starts) then boots up to the screen with the loading icon saying "Setting up devices". Once that appeas to have completed, the screen goes black and locks up (Caps lock doesn't work). I have tried different USB sticks, different USB ports and tried changing the display port to see if the issue was just the screen not showing on my monitor. None of these have worked and have searched loads for an answer but can't find anything. Hopefully someone can help!

Solution
Try some solutions first

1. - When drives are appear to install windows just press alt+f8 or. Alt+f10. Cmd opens. Type 'diskpart' and press enter. Type 'list disk' and enter.
(Disks appear here disk 0 is your hard drive and disk 1 is your usb drive). Type 'select disk 0' after type 'clean'. And close cmd.

Refresh your drive area. New volume appear as unallocated space select it and install your windows.

2. Reinstall windows and turn UEFI mode off and install it over Legacy and download latest windows version.

Or update you motherboard bios.

Hope it works for you.

ashifkhanoppoa37

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2018
Try some solutions first

1. - When drives are appear to install windows just press alt+f8 or. Alt+f10. Cmd opens. Type 'diskpart' and press enter. Type 'list disk' and enter.
(Disks appear here disk 0 is your hard drive and disk 1 is your usb drive). Type 'select disk 0' after type 'clean'. And close cmd.

Refresh your drive area. New volume appear as unallocated space select it and install your windows.

2. Reinstall windows and turn UEFI mode off and install it over Legacy and download latest windows version.

Or update you motherboard bios.

Hope it works for you.

Solution