Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming using integrated or microsoft graphics instead of my Nvidia graphics

Mar 15, 2018
When I hook up my laptop to an external monitor, it uses my integrated graphics, no matter what I do. If I uninstall my nvidia drivers it uses microsoft's drivers and if I uninstall my intel drivers it doesn't even connect. This would not be an issue, but my external monitor only supports a lower resolution than my laptop monitor, so I have to go into display adapter settings. I can change the adapter settings for my integrated graphics but not for my gpu. I was able to originally (not anymore). Is there a way to fix this?

Go into the BIOS. Look for something that is along the lines of "disable integrated graphics". Disable the integrated graphics. Save the BIOS.

Now it may not exactly say "disable integrated graphics" in the BIOS....but you want to look for something along those lines.

Mar 15, 2018

I tried that. When I disable integrated graphics, the hdmi cable doesn't work or it set's the display adapter to microsoft, not the gpu.