100% disk usage with high CPU temperature

Mar 15, 2018
specs

Ram:16gb CPU: i7 6700K 4.00 ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6gb

When using taxing programs my disk usage in task manager spikes to 100% and my temperature for my cpu rises to around 60 degrees celsius in all 4 cores. Idle as im typing this my cpu is at 25-32 degrees celsius and when using my pc for usual stuff its often around 40. I replaced thermal paste on my cpu yesterday and it yielded little to no results. I find lots of problems when playing a game like fortnite, in which i got to 80 degrees celsius last night. I restored my pc back to factory settings and it didnt do much.

EDit: also feel like i should say that i didnt recently make any changes to my computer, i got my gtx 1060 6gb at christmas 3 months ago and it has worked great since then until this week i was experiencing crashes and found my temperature was really high.

Solution
That is normal operation. You are essentially running a "taxing program" that is comparable to a stress test like Prime95. It would be a problem if the program is something that isn't taxing (at 100% CPU usage).

It is a good idea to clean the dust out of the fans and heat sinks. But "my cpu is at 25-32 degrees celsius and when using my pc for usual stuff its often around 40" and " task manager spikes to 100% and my temperature for my cpu rises to around 60 degrees celsius in all 4 cores" are pretty normal temperatures.

SugarPsycho

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015

"I find lots of problems when playing a game like fortnite, in which i got to 80 degrees celsius last night." 80 C is not good for cpu's I agree up to 60 C is alright but he mentions 80 later.

That"s right. He is doing maintenance on the cooler, but apparently still not quite there yet.

You should take as look at your fan controller and increase the fan RPMs along with clearing out all of the dust.

I picked up one of these for my scanner https://www.amazon.com/Giottos-AA1900-Rocket-Blaster-Large/dp/B00017LSPI . It does a great job and never runs out of compressed air. The big plus is that there is no worry of spraying liquid on exposed electronics (unlike compressed air). If your case has air filters, make sure they get cleaned every month or so.