Error code 0xc000021a!

khoa_li

Reputable
Jun 11, 2017
Hello

I have mentioned this error before in my threads and yet haven't solved it yet cause I m losing my patience and cant find a solution. Yesterday i bought a new HDD and it still doesn't work. So i will give a summary of what i have done and what happened.

At the start of the year i decided to buy new parts for my old computer. I had 3 old HDD, one that had a Windows 7. I found out that ryzen doesn't work with Win 7. Because of some USB detecting problem. That occurs when you boot to startup repair your mouse and keyboard turn off. I haven't tried using a PS/2 keyboard and if it would work and if ryzen works otherwise normaly with Win 7. But i know if you only use an USB/PS/2 adapter it wont work. So then i decided to download the Windows 10 media creation tool from Microsoft website to my USB. And boot my PC from that. I made sure that I had BIOS boot option correct. And at that moment I saw the horrifying bluescreen that said "Your PC ran into a problem...." and then the error code 0xc000021a. And later i bought a new HDD and yet the problems still happened. I cant access to my desktop so i cant use a repair mode or any advanced settings.

My specs that i bought to upgrade:
Ryzen 3 1300x
1050 ti
AB350M-HDV
8GB HyperX

Solution
It seems that i have been successful on fixing my problem. if anyone stumbles upon the same problem as I. I recommend you to reinstall the media creation tool found in Microsofts own site. And reinstall it to your USB. And if you get another error code during the download of windows. Then reinstall MCT again. If reinstalling MCT gets an error code too. Then either format it with FAT32 or any other formatting choices. Then try reinstall it again. And if that doesn't work then get a brand new USB.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is your CPU and GPU running at stock speeds? Also, what speed is your memory set at (in the BIOS)?

If the memory is anything above 2133, then lower to 2133.

Is your BIOS set using an 'Optimal" or "Normal" profile? If anything other than "Normal", set to "Normal".

The intent is to get a stable base to install from, you can tweak speeds after successfully installing Windows 10.

Last, be sure to use a back panel USB port (connected directly to the mobo) vice a front panel USB port.

khoa_li

Reputable
Jun 11, 2017

I havent changed/tweaked anything and dont really know how to navigate in bios to see how fast my CPU, GPU or RAM is running. And i dont know if my bios is set optimal. And yes i put my thumb drive on the front panel and my peripherals to the backside.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Do you have access to another computer (friend or family member) to get the Windows media?

To enter the BIOS, press F2 or DEL at startup. Consult your motherboard manual for where to look for the information I asked about earlier.

I suspect your CPU and GPU are at stock speeds (as I assume you haven't changed them). This is good. Now we just need to determine of the motherboard is trying to OC the CPU/memory, thus the question about Optimal/Normal profiles.

I use Macrium Reflect to make full system backups. It works with Win 7, 8, 10, and probably earlier versions of Windows as well. There is a free version for non-commercial use. Smart folks who make such backups can recover from situations like yours in under 30 minutes. It's sure saved me more times than I can recall.

khoa_li

Reputable
Jun 11, 2017
It seems that i have been successful on fixing my problem. if anyone stumbles upon the same problem as I. I recommend you to reinstall the media creation tool found in Microsofts own site. And reinstall it to your USB. And if you get another error code during the download of windows. Then reinstall MCT again. If reinstalling MCT gets an error code too. Then either format it with FAT32 or any other formatting choices. Then try reinstall it again. And if that doesn't work then get a brand new USB.

Solution