PC is unusable after crash

dodo2198

Reputable
Nov 14, 2017
Hi all!

My problems began a few weeks ago when my new PC (built back in December) had an abrupt shutdown due to a crash in a game. Once I turned it back on, it booted to Windows, but as soon as I got to the desktop, the mouse would be very laggy, nothing would load and within about 30 secs it would freeze completely. I have tried uninstalling drivers and it hasn't helped. I can boot into safe mode but other than that it's become completely unusable. I then did a clean installation of Windows 10, which ran perfectly fine until today, when a game crashed forcing me to do a hard restart. As soon as I pressed the power button the blue restart screen came up but the circle was extremely laggy, and after holding the button it turned off, but it turned itself back on again without me even pressing the button again. Booted to Windows, and I'm back in the same place again. Completely unusable. My specs are:

Motherboard: MSI B350M Bazooka
CPU: Ryzen 3 1300X
GPU: Zotac GTX1060 3GB Mini
PSU: Corsair CS650M
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8GB (2x4GB) @ 3200Mhz
Drives: Crucial MX300 275GB SSD (Boot drive) + WD Blue 1TB HDD

Can anyone offer any advice? It seems a clean installation of Windows just takes me back until the system crashes once it has a bad shutdown. Another thing to note is that when restarting naturally through the desktop the circle would again get laggy, and sometimes it would never post when restarting so I would have to do a hard shutdown.

Solution

You could try reinstalling the drivers, if you can test the 1060 in another pc to see if that works, it sounds like either the drivers went bad or something in the 1060 fried.

SugarPsycho

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015

You could try reinstalling the drivers, if you can test the 1060 in another pc to see if that works, it sounds like either the drivers went bad or something in the 1060 fried.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS