High Capacity Battery Pack for Dell Inspiron 5770 Laptop ... ?

Mar 11, 2018
I am having trouble finding a Battery Pack for my Dell laptop ..... I connected the Crave 50000mAh PowerPack to my Dell laptop today, but got an Error Message saying the battery pack was not compatible with my laptop. Must have at least 65W to power my laptop. My Dell laptop requires 19.5v. I think 20v would still be ok ? But not sure if only 19v would be sufficient ... ?

I have been searching on Amazon and Google .... and have found many battery packs and portable generators (that do not need to be plugged in to run devices), but do not know which ones, if any, will run my Dell laptop ....

Can you help me find the correct unit to power my laptop while camping ... ? I need something with enough juice to last several days .... also with several USB ports, at least one AC port.

Solution
I can think of reasons why the laptop may refuse to charge using your power bank:
1- the power bank's output voltage doesn't stay within acceptable limits when the laptop tries to draw power from it
2- the laptop has excessively tight input tolerances
3- there is a protocol between the laptop and adapter to prevent the use of generic adapters

You'd need to measure voltage and noise out of your power bank and the laptop's adapter to verify that your power bank is indeed working correctly and is delivering output quality comparable to the OEM adapter. If some sort of protocol is superposed to the power feed, it may be visible in the noise pattern on an oscilloscope.

InvalidError

Titan
I can think of reasons why the laptop may refuse to charge using your power bank:
1- the power bank's output voltage doesn't stay within acceptable limits when the laptop tries to draw power from it
2- the laptop has excessively tight input tolerances
3- there is a protocol between the laptop and adapter to prevent the use of generic adapters

You'd need to measure voltage and noise out of your power bank and the laptop's adapter to verify that your power bank is indeed working correctly and is delivering output quality comparable to the OEM adapter. If some sort of protocol is superposed to the power feed, it may be visible in the noise pattern on an oscilloscope.

Solution