Exe's become courrupted after use

Mar 18, 2018
I seem to have this weird problem where sometimes or many times I download a software and the exe works the first few times, but after a while it's suddenly corrupted and I have to redownload it over again.

For example. I have purchased and downloaded a video editing software and it works great. But after a week or so suddenly when I launch it, I get a corrupt file. I then go to the folder where I saved the downloaded installer and that's corrupt too and so i have to the website and repeat the process over again.

This seems to happen on many random programs and nearly all of my installers to the point where i have to keep redownloading again

Does any know if this is a Windows problem or something related to my hard drive? I am at lost as to why it's only exe files that become corrupt after many uses.

Solution
Try running memtest86 on your ram, 1 stick at a time, run test at least 8 times pers stick (Unless you get errors right away). Any errors higher than 0 are too many and a sign stick needs to be removed/replaced.

Bad ram can corrupt anything stored in it. Since win 10 can't run anything without using memory its only a matter of time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try running memtest86 on your ram, 1 stick at a time, run test at least 8 times pers stick (Unless you get errors right away). Any errors higher than 0 are too many and a sign stick needs to be removed/replaced.

Bad ram can corrupt anything stored in it. Since win 10 can't run anything without using memory its only a matter of time.

Solution