Hello,

Hi,

I construct my pc so i have to choose my components :

Ryzen 5 2400G
MSI B350M Gaming PRO AM4
G.SKILL Aegis 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz C16
Corsair Carbide SPEC-04 Mid-Tower Gaming Case-Black and Red-CC-9011107-WW
EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W

And for more performances, a few months later, i will add a gtx 1050 ti or a gtx 1060...

So what do you think about that ?

Thanks you very much guys,
Max

alanlbergman

Commendable
Mar 18, 2018

yeah, but that motherboard only has 2 slots and if he wants to upgrade in the future which is likely because games are going to demand more in the near future, he wont need to replace his memory. Thats what i think anyways. :)

Your logic is sound, but I wouldn't want play games in single channel with inadequate performance until a memory upgrade is warranted.

If you plan to play games with this system, dual-channel memory is a must. Fast RAM is nice, but you literally double your memory performance by using two RAM sticks in dual-channel mode instead of just one. Memory speed is also important, but it would be better to have two sticks of RAM clocked at 2400MHz for example instead of one clocked at 3000MHz.

It would be good to be able to upgrade the RAM later, so that is a valid point raised by the others, but it would be better to switch to a motherboard with four RAM slots in that case. How much the drop in memory performance will hurt overall system and gaming performance is really huge. Even in dual-channel mode with a fast RAM kit, the iGPU in the CPU is memory starved.

Mar 18, 2018
Thanks for all your answers and i had choice only one memory modules because i wanted to ugrape. But i will select another motherboard, so this one is it good :

GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 AMD Ryzen AM4

And i will use this memory :

Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4 2400MHz

I would go with 2x8gb of 3200mhz DDR4, and here's the reason why:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/raven-ridge-memory-scaling-benchmarks,5489.html
You can opt to use additional system memory in the bios for the APU.
If you go with 8gb system memory, you're going to discover quickly that a system memory upgrade is necessary sooner rather than later, as 8gb of system memory are starting to only meet minimum system requirements as opposed to recommended system requirements.
I'd spend the money now on the 16gb kit which will allow you to save for a graphics card upgrade in the future.

Mar 18, 2018
But if i want to take the motherboard that have two memory channels, if i take 2x8gb of memory, i won't be able to ugrape very later to 32gb so...

Mark_1970

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

The motherboard manufacturers test popular memory brands/types with their board and the list is the memory which was tested good with the board.
Such as this board you chose ......https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-1x#support-doc