Sudden BSOD after registry defrag/clean registry

juliolu

Honorable
Jul 1, 2017
Hello guys, so i did a clean installation of OS win 10 pro in my new HDD Toshiba p300 2tb and the pc are running well until i run Advanced SystemCare to defrag/clean registry, When i start up my pc again, appear a black screen showing some lines like "defrag registry", and run well for few minutes in desktop and i got a sudden BSOD, saying problems with initialization; so i restarted again and tried repair initialization problem and no luck, and i choose return to the previous BK point and running well again.
So what can be reason to occur BSOD? I think is due defrag/clean registry and messed with win 10. Also missed some games of steam (even the game folder are still present in steam folder), the same situation dont happen with uplay games.

Extra info
Mobo: MSI Mortar Arctic H270m
CPU: i7 7700 (non k) 3.60 GHz
Ram: xpg adata 2x8 gb 2400 MHz
HDD: Toshiba p300 2tb
SSD: not present
GPU: Asus strix 970 4gb oc ed
PSU: corsair 600w

Solution

Yeah, mostly.

Take it from your one experience...."registry cleaner" borked up the system.
Don't do that again.

juliolu

Honorable
Jul 1, 2017
So shouldnt defrag/clean registry or the fault is with software (ASC)? What can be used to improve the system? I think others functions like (startup optimization, privacy sweep, spyware removal, security reinforce, junk file clean, internet boost, vulnerabity fix, shortcut fix, disk optimization) are safe or they can harm system as well?

USAFRet

Titan

Those "registry cleaners" are mere snake oil.
Internet booster? Junk.

Advanced System Care? Total junk. Uninstall it.

CCleaner at most. And stay out of the registry.