Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home?

khoa_li

Reputable
Jun 11, 2017
Hi!

I was wondering if after downloading Windows 10 Pro with media creation tool would get affected if I bought a Windows 10 Home and downloaded it. It seems that i wasn't focusing on what to pick cause I was impatient.

Solution
The media from MS is the same. When you enter the product key, the installer will install the proper version.

If you install Win 10 Pro without a product key and then try to add a Home product key afterward, it will fail. In that situation, you'll need to re-install Windows to go back to the "lesser" version.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The media from MS is the same. When you enter the product key, the installer will install the proper version.

If you install Win 10 Pro without a product key and then try to add a Home product key afterward, it will fail. In that situation, you'll need to re-install Windows to go back to the "lesser" version.

Solution

khoa_li

Reputable
Jun 11, 2017

So in my case I should reinstall it and this time with windows 10 home. Does it format my HDD. Cause i just downloaded all my software.

khoa_li

Reputable
Jun 11, 2017

khoa_li

Reputable
Jun 11, 2017

Yes i know. But i mean, that this is 110€ cheaper compared to what they sell on Microsoft site don`t know if it is a genuine key code or not. I would like your confirmation of this so i can be sure. I just dont feel like reinstalling Windows 10 and lose all my data from my drive nor do i feel like paying 260€ for a license. If this Windows that i linked is genuine in your opinion then i will choose this route.