Asus vs Acer monitor

woba10

Commendable
Jan 30, 2018
Im looking to buy 27" IPS 144Hz(or more) monitor. Since there aren't any 24" IPS with such frequency i have to go with 27". Now, im considering ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q or Acer Predator XB271HU. I heard Acer had fewer problems, but the stand is not so "steady" and asus is better out of the box but had more problems with IPS glow, blb or dead pixels. Can anyone give first hand informations?

Solution
Much higher contrast which is the biggest factor in looking the best. Wide gamut and good accuracy. No ips glow. People say it's an in between of ips and tn but other than viewing angle, it's not and viewing angle isn't an issue except with weird monitor positions. Ips would be better for higher end 10 bit photo/vid oriented monitors but otherwise ips is actually worse as it can't get as dark blacks. Va is the slowest panel of the bunch but any other spec is to va's advantage. It's still 144hz, 1ms so the newer va monitors aren't as slow.

I don't know of any 24" va with gsync. There's been a lot more new va monitors coming out for the past couple years and 24" 1080p/144 are planned to be released but all we know is "soon."

woba10

Commendable
Jan 30, 2018
Why is VA better? Isn't VA in the middle between IPS and TN? Don't know much about VA so im asking :) and also i have GTX 1070, are there any with g-sync?

Much higher contrast which is the biggest factor in looking the best. Wide gamut and good accuracy. No ips glow. People say it's an in between of ips and tn but other than viewing angle, it's not and viewing angle isn't an issue except with weird monitor positions. Ips would be better for higher end 10 bit photo/vid oriented monitors but otherwise ips is actually worse as it can't get as dark blacks. Va is the slowest panel of the bunch but any other spec is to va's advantage. It's still 144hz, 1ms so the newer va monitors aren't as slow.

I don't know of any 24" va with gsync. There's been a lot more new va monitors coming out for the past couple years and 24" 1080p/144 are planned to be released but all we know is "soon."

Solution