DNS Server not responding all of a sudden

MushroomSlicer

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
Hello, I'll explain my full experience with this inorder to get a good answer.

It was all fine for me until one day, I tried opening a frequently visited website and then I get the "Server not found" Browser error(I tried like 4+ browsers) Then I used the windows troubleshooter and it said DNS server not responding so I already wanted to re-insall my windows cause I had it for a year and it felt buggy so I did so and expected the error to fade away but it didn't. Now here are a few facts about the error I get.

1- It's random, I can be surfing a website and the moment I move to another category in the website I get the error(Ofcourse trying to access any other website at the error time results in the same thing)

2- It lasts for about a minute before it responds again.

3- The network adapter refuses to be disabled, i.e Disable button basically does nothing until the error is gone(i.e "responds")

4- If I am connected to a game, and the error happens, The game will run FINE, SMOOTH, but accessing any website related stuff inside the game or outside the game(Browsing) Would result in the same error.

5- Same goes for downloading, If I already initiated a download command and the file started downloading, the file will continue and use my full bandwith aswell despite maybe right after initiating download command the error might occur, it only affects the next "attempted" connections not the ones already initiated.

I do believe #4 and #5 are because(From what I understand) DNS is only used to initiate the server connection, i,e transform the server address into an IP. or vice-versa and that's why any "already" initiated connection would resume but any newly attempted connection would be rejected.

I tried all possible solutions on the internet from flushing dns, changing physical address, and all these possible fixes for the error and none of them stood out and fixed it. I'd like to add that the internet works JUST FINE on my other devices(Phone, laptop).

Do you suspect the adapter to be the cause? If so what's the fix.

Thanks for your time in advance!

Solution
What DNS Server are you using? IP address = ?

You can use "ipconfig /all" without quotes via the command prompt to find the IP address.

First, understand what you are dealing with and con sider the possibilities.

The following link is a good reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-dns-server-2625854

Overall, your problem description seems to be more connectivity related than anything else.

Most likely your computer losing connection with the router.

Are you sure that all of your devices are using the same DNS Server?

Check that all of your cables are fully and firmly connected. Check (as applicable) that your network adapter is likewise fully and firmly seated. Start with the problem computer but always a good idea to...

Ralston18

Titan
What DNS Server are you using? IP address = ?

You can use "ipconfig /all" without quotes via the command prompt to find the IP address.

First, understand what you are dealing with and con sider the possibilities.

The following link is a good reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-dns-server-2625854

Overall, your problem description seems to be more connectivity related than anything else.

Most likely your computer losing connection with the router.

Are you sure that all of your devices are using the same DNS Server?

Check that all of your cables are fully and firmly connected. Check (as applicable) that your network adapter is likewise fully and firmly seated. Start with the problem computer but always a good idea to check all other connections. Just a matter of elimination.

No harm in downloading new network adapter drivers via the manufacturer's website, reinstalling, and reconfiguring the network adapter to your network.

Solution