No display output

exavius_

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017
Hey, I just built my first pc but can’t get any video output!

Specs:
Motherboad - GIGABYTE GA-F2A68HM-DS2
CPU - AMD Athlon X4 860k
PSU - Corsair CX 430
GPU - GT 1030
RAM - 2x4 Crucial Ballistix RAM DDR3 1600

Everything is new besides the CPU, PSU and GPU except I was using the gpu in my other pc so I know it works.

I tried plugging everything out, putting it in. I tried dvi, hdmi, vga. I tried multiple monitors and nothing.

The PC turns on fine but the fans seems a little slow to me.

I replaced the CMOS battery with a spare one from a different pc (had the same serial number on it)

My dad thinks it’s the APU/CPU but I got no idea.

I tried booting it with and without the GPU aswell.

Any ideas?

exavius_

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017

I have a speaker that came with the MB but don’t know where to plug it in, where I did plug it into it didn’t make any beeps.

I’m using my new AOC monitor and my LG TV

exavius_

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017

My dad is really convinced it’s the PSU. He’s going tomorrow to buy a new one. I’ll let you know if it works!

exavius_

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017

I was reading online a little bit about my motherboard and came across this, the blue part is what I don’t understand. does it mean I need an APU to actually use my GPU?https://imgur.com/a/TF4XH

boju

Titan
Ambassador
The video cable is a good fit, not blocked in anyway from case?

Try another gpu. I know you said the 1030 works but just to check.

Breadboard the system it nothing else works. Remove cpu and check for bent pins.

Check your system ram are in the correct dimms and try with one stick.

Your board should have a clear cmos jumper. Removing the battery can reset cmos but sometimes need to use the jumper.

exavius_

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017

Still not working

exavius_

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017

I think it’s the MB. When I plug my keyboard that lights up, well... it doesn’t light up. I reseated the cpu but still nothing. I contacted the people I got it from and am waiting for a response

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Long as you've done everything right at your end like using motherboard case standoffs, cpu no bent pins - locked into slot the right way, wouldnt fit anyother way i suppose or power up. Thermal paste applied, though would still operate just high temps. Think you and your dad know all of that.

Cpu fan connected to cpu fan pins and not case fan, most mobos have a saftey mechanism if it cant read cpu fan rpm speed it wont power up properly to prevent overheating if mobo cant get a report.

All power leads connected, 24pin atx and 12v cpu power, think its 4pin from memory.

Ram is in good. Pc would either go in a boot loop or shut down.

-----

Cpu fan header i mentioned be the only thing left i can think of.

Hope you can get a return if there is something wrong with the mobo.

exavius_

Commendable
Nov 5, 2017

The only connectors I use is the CPU and 24 pin connectors. I can’t find anything or anywhere else to plug anything into