Question about IPS Monitor

Danielusar

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
I recently got a 1440p Monitor to replace my old BenQ 1080p monitor.
The new one has IPS Panel while my old one had a VA-Panel.

What i noticed is that if i stand up and look from a higher angel, there is some kind of "shadow line" on the lower end of the screen. But i see it only from there. Viewing at it from the sides or from a lower angle, like lying on my bed, it isn´t noticable at all.

Is this normal?

I guess, maybe im a bit spoiled by the VA-Panel, since they had such rock solid viewing angles.

How high is your contrast and brightness? That *might* be normal for your settings.

Try this - Unplug your graphics feed, turn off the screen, and turn off all the lights in the room. Stand at the angle you see the shading at and turn the screen on. The panel will light up for a few seconds before going into sleep mode. Do you see the same shading/bleed before it goes dark?

If you do see it, try adjusting the contrast/brightness down until it's much less noticeable.

Danielusar

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015

Didn´t changed anything for me...

Btw it is a Lenovo L24q-10

Danielusar

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015

I did some research now and learned a thing or two about Panels.
It seems like Backlight Bleed and IPS Glow have nothing to do with this.
My "Issue" seems to come from bad Vertical Viewing angles on IPS.

I found a few threads in other places and also some videos showing the exact same problem that i have here on different IPS Monitors where, from a higher viewing angle, the screen somewhat dims on the lower end.

Seems like this is not an defect on my Monitor. It is more a IPS thing which i just didn´t knew about.