White line on screen

Trishai

Reputable
Apr 22, 2017
Hey,

Recently a white line has appeared on the upper portion of my monitor, it is opaque and is visible at all times on my computer;

Not sure when exactly it started but I first noticed it when in League of Legends;

It is a horizontal white/opaque line that spans the entirety from left to right at almost the top of my screen.

My GPU is a GTX 1080 and it is connected to my main monitor via a display port and is running at 144 hz

The line is not on my secondary monitor

Solution
If you have a TV with the right inputs for your computer you can test it that way. If display is good then you know its not your gpu.
You can try switching out the monitor cable. You can try resetting the monitor by removing the power and monitor cable for 30 seconds or so. You can try updating the graphics driver. You can go through the troubleshooting steps in your monitor manual. You can contact the manufacturer for warranty repair. You may be able to have it repaired, but it will likely be more expensive than the monitor is worth.

Trishai

Reputable
Apr 22, 2017
Yeah I've tried all the troubleshooting steps; last thing to do is test a different GPU; will probably have to buy a new monitor, no idea what one though;

Thanks for the info