Windows 10 Blue screen of death Help

SG-118

Commendable
Jun 15, 2016
Hi so my laptop keeps going into the blue screen without the login page even showing up any advice would be appreciated. I think something happened with steams initialisation because I left it to update and download an update and left for a few moments then I came back and tried to run a few games but none of them ran so I restarted it and now my laptop goes into the repeated process of powering up going into the blue screen (when the login page shows up) and then restarts again and again the security codes alternate between
Kernel Security Check Failure
IRQL not less or equal
Driver power state failure.
I don’t have a system restore point, system image recovery or a backup and the startup repair doesn’t do anything.
Any advice on fixing it I really appreciate it.
Thanks

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - just a handy boot drive

Strange for steam to cause driver errors, as that is what most of those are.

see if you can get into safe mode
change boot order in bios so USB is first, boot drive second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

if you can get to safe mode, copy anything off laptop you want to rescue (for backup)

If startup options isn't a menu in advanced, you can still...

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - just a handy boot drive

Strange for steam to cause driver errors, as that is what most of those are.

see if you can get into safe mode
change boot order in bios so USB is first, boot drive second
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

if you can get to safe mode, copy anything off laptop you want to rescue (for backup)

If startup options isn't a menu in advanced, you can still recover info on PC via command prompt
type notepad which obviously opens the notepad. From there I went to file > open which opened a file explorer.

shame system restore didn't help, if you can get into safe mode you can copy the memory.dmp file from them C:\windows folder and put it on a USB and upload to a file sharing site and share the link here. It might help identify device the driver is for. You may be able to do the same thing via the command prompt above. But in safe mode you could do something about them, I don't think you can uninstall drivers via safe mode.

If we can't id drivers, the fastest approach would be to copy anything off PC you want to save and do a reset. Its in the troubleshoot menu on the USB. Keep files/settings will at least save library folders like documents, music, pictures, video. Also save logins. ITs not a great answer but system restore didn't work.

Solution