Ads popping up on Google searches despite having AdBlock

xenotactic007

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
I've found these annoying ads (screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/hO0Cy) whenever I search for anything on Google.

It reminds me of AdWare that will take whatever you search and add "x% off!" at the end to entice you to click it.

I'm beggining to question if I have this sort of AdWare, but I'd be surprised as I'm really careful about installing software and I maticolously look through installations of programs to make sure any "Sponsor programs" that are turned on by default are de-selected.

I have no idea what is causing this - I have 4 AdBlockers running and none of them can catch these ads.

What do I do to remove them? They're really annoying me.

xenotactic007

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017

Nevermind, I only have three. Here

-AdBlocker Ultimate
-AdBlock
-Ad-Blocker

D

Deleted member 217926

Remove all of those. Install uBlock Origin and Ghostery. You'll never see another ad.

AdBlock Plus allows targeted ads. Never heard of the others so they probably do as well.

xenotactic007

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017

So I've been using Ublock Origin and Ghostery ever since you've suggested it, with no problems. Except today, jsut now, I've started getting the same problem once again. I have no idea what's causing it and it's incredibly infuriating when a simple Google search turns into a "Find the link that DOESN'T take you to a ad website!".

I have no idea what's going on anymore.

xenotactic007

Prominent
Aug 13, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from xenotactic007 : "Adverts and Spam on Google search and GMail despite trying out multiple versions of adblockers."

Hi,

I want to rip my damn hair out because this has been killing me inside for weeks now.

For some reason, I started getting ads on Google searches and on my Gmail (Like this: https://imgur.com/a/q0omzS6) about a month ago.

I asked how to fix this issue and someone suggested that I use Ghostery and uBlock Origin.
That worked for about two weeks before out of nowhere, these ads came back.

Now, I know that the ads on the searches and the spam in my mail are caused by two different things, but I don't know how to fix them and they are ruining me slowly.

How do I stop this spam mail in my Gmail? I've tried everything, muting them, selecting as spam, nothing works. I get hundreds of them filling into my main inbox every day.

And the ads on the searches are not only at the top of the page (Which is incredibly annoying as the page loads, then a second later the ads load) but also dispersed throughout the searches, so I can't trust anything I have.

Ghostery and uBlock Origin doesn't do anything anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling them but they can't catch the ads.

How do I fix this?

As said above, it's not ad's. I did the exact same google search as you and got no ad's with all ad blockers turned off. You might have some kind of hijack installed. As for the spam, more than likely you gave you email to something you shouldn't have. All the spam is from the same day, must be right after they got your email. I use my email all over and don't even get that much spam.