Win10 logging without password does not work.

bluenite38

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
I'm the only pc user with Win10_64. I don't need any password every time, I want to cancel it completely. When you turn on a computer, restart, or log on. I also did this during the installation, according to the instructions availeble on the net. However, a few days ago, it has not only changed, but I even see 2 accounts, at the bottom left of the sign-in screen. With the same name, but with different passwords. One password works and the other user cannot log in at all, it reports a bad password. There are still only one user in the accounts and I'm an administrator at that. Can anything be done? I mean, to cancel all this mess, and after turning on the pc run up to without any password? I hope that this will not only solve reinstallation and return to Win7.
thanks for any advice
Peter

Solution
Right click on the Windows Start Menu icon on the lower left of your computer, go to 'Computer Management'. In 'Computer Management' go to 'Local Users and Groups', 'Users'. In there you should see all the user accounts on your computer. Leave the Administrator account the 'DefaultAccount' and the one you are using. You can change your password here also by right clicking on the account and choosing 'Set Password'.

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Right click on the Windows Start Menu icon on the lower left of your computer, go to 'Computer Management'. In 'Computer Management' go to 'Local Users and Groups', 'Users'. In there you should see all the user accounts on your computer. Leave the Administrator account the 'DefaultAccount' and the one you are using. You can change your password here also by right clicking on the account and choosing 'Set Password'.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Not having account passwords is very risky - you are leaving your system open to hacking, viruses, identity theft, etc., etc.

That may have already happened - those other accounts may have been created by someone who got into your system

There should be one Admin account with a very secure password that only you, as Admin know.

You can set up other Standard accounts with and without (again not recommended) passwords.

Windows 10 has tools to help you manage User Accounts:

Control Panel for basic control.

Group Policy Editor for much more detailed, comprehensive, and complicated control.

Google "gpedit" for more information. Quite overwhelming for the most part.

And Windows does have all sorts of "accounts" built-in. Be careful what you are doing.

Latest posts