Computer Turns on for 2 mins, crashes

Tritan_

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016
I built my computer a little while back, previously had problems with the PSU but got it replaced.

Specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1231 v3
Motherboard: MSI H97 Gaming 3
GPU: Geforce GTX 960
Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Red 1866Mhz DDR3
PSU: EVGA 600 B1, 80+ Bronze

Computer turns on for about 2 minutes, then turns off, turns on, turns off and back on. I did the paperclip test with the PSU and it (seems) to work fine, however the other components seem fine. Removed everything and put it back together again. Still doesn't work.
The PSU is eligible for the EVGA RMA however I dont have another PSU to test to make sure that its the thing thats broken. And because I'm in Australia, shipping will take ages to begin with. Wondering if any other ideas or fixes?
Thanks

If you are on a second PSU, it may be the motherboard. Test the system with a lower end video card, maybe different RAM or one stick at a time. While those EVGA units are not the best quality, they are still at least OK, so I would not put it as the immediate first thing to look at. Whatever is easier for you to check, there is a fairly equal chance of something else being bad aside from the PSU.

Tritan_

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

Thanks for that, will definitely do that

bigsmilingbear

Honorable
Mar 7, 2018
while you do those stuff 9 told you previously, it might be a good idea to take apart your system and look at your motherboard closely for any stuff that isn't supposed to be there like dust, lint, dent, dead ant/insect, dead mother in law.

Tritan_

Commendable
Apr 3, 2016

of course :p

WD-17

Reputable
Feb 28, 2017

it probably crashing because of overheating as the previous dude said check your pc for dust and other things