wifi will not stay conncected after latest windows update

Mar 27, 2018
I have a Asus Ac-56 pcie wifi card. It has worked fine with windows 10 until this update. I've disabled and re-enabled, I changed the power settings, I've reverted to older versions of the drivers uninstalled and reinstalled those drivers. Nothing works. I don't want to revert to a previous version of Windows 10 but I will if that's what it takes for my wifi to work. Maybe the next update will fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 24, 2018
Hi,

I was having a similar problem but in my case with a Linksys wifi adapter (dual band). For me, the connection drops sometimes and also the speeds are wrong,
upload is ok at about 300MBits/s but ridiculous low at 2Mbits/s.

All the week trying to find what was going on and then discovered something is wrong with latest update and it's related to drivers of USB Root Hub and USB Host Controller.

In devices in control panel I saw some generic drivers from Microsoft.

I search for drivers in my case AsMedia but there are other vendors and found this page https://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-Drivers-original-a...

Install new drivers and test again and saw no improvement at all in download speed.

Then tried a program call USB Device Tree Viewer were you can view actual connected devices for USB and their current speeds. My wifi adapter is compatible USB 3.0 and connection says is working in mode USB 3.0.

And here is the strange thing. When connected in 3.0 mode upload speed is correct 300Mbits/s but download is ridiculous low at 2Mbits/s.

Change it to mode USB 2.0 and test again and saw speed is about 190Mbits for down and upload.

Really don't know why it's not working is USB 3.0 for download speed.