Windows 10 crashes and black screens

PuperHacker

Honorable
Hello.

Recently, I have been experiencing a weird issue in my computer. When I play games, everything goes on smoothly, and then I hear a slight sound error, image freezes, controllers not responding, and after approx. 5 seconds, screen turns black, leaving me with the restart button. The crashes occur haphazardly (meaning that the time interval between boot and crash is not fixed). Windows 10 is updated, and so are the gpu's drivers which I just reinstalled.
NOTE: After the sound error, music keeps playing normally....
NOTE: ALL temps are fine during the crashes.
NOTE: Crash observed in multiple circumstances.

SPECS:

i7 4790k
sapphire 270x toxic
wd 1tb caviar blue
cx750m 750w bronze
asus maximus vii ranger
16 gigs of hyper x beast ddr3 2400Mhz

Any response is wholeheartedly appreciated!!!

PuperHacker

Honorable

Thanks for your response.
My PSU is about 2 years old. It hasn't been working heavily, and has a 80+ bronze certification.
I have overclocked the CPU, and went back to stock after noticing the crash. No difference if I decrease its voltage or frequency. I'm pretty confident the BIOS is up to date. Shall I presume that my PC has a virus or registry error?

SugarPsycho

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015

I wouldn't assume that quite yet. Are you able to monitor the temperature on your pc? There are several programs for it.

PuperHacker

Honorable

I'm logging and monitoring cpu temperatures with core temp. When overclocked, it won't go beyond 80 degrees with watercooling.
I'm monitoring gpu temperatures with MSI afterburner. The card runs cooler than 72 degrees.

SugarPsycho

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015

fahrenheit or celsius?

PuperHacker

Honorable

Celsius.