Windows Installer Won't Cancel

Mar 29, 2018
I've been trying to install a few things, and they all stop because of an "installation in progress". I've been through a few threads, and I was lead to Windows Installer, but whenever I try to cancel it, it just won't go away, and the Startup Type is greyed out when I try to disable it:

29852551_10211062233381520_804406438_n.png

I also tried to go through the registry editor, but I didn't have the same type of files in the other thread, so I'm a bit lost. Any help is much appreciated, I just want to update things.

Solution

a) Click Start, type cmd, right-click and select Run as administrator.

b) Type the...

Philballer17

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009

a) Click Start, type cmd, right-click and select Run as administrator.

b) Type the following commands and hit Enter after each command:

msiexec /unreg

msiexec /regserver

d) Restart your computer.

Solution
Aug 30, 2018

I have the same problem where a number of programs are trying to install PanaView.msi but I don't have an installation CD for this and it is not related to any of the installations I am trying to do.

I tried the above solution and it didn't work for me.
Any help would be appreciated

Aug 3, 2019
I've been trying to install a few things, and they all stop because of an "installation in progress". I've been through a few threads, and I was lead to Windows Installer, but whenever I try to cancel it, it just won't go away, and the Startup Type is greyed out when I try to disable it:

29852551_10211062233381520_804406438_n.png

I also tried to go through the registry editor, but I didn't have the same type of files in the other thread, so I'm a bit lost. Any help is much appreciated, I just want to update things.

Hi so i had the same problem and tried every solution that people wrote and nothing worked, the problem for me was with razer synapse 2.0, so i just went on to razer synapse setup and ran as administrator and instead of pressing repair/install i clicked uninstall and as soon as i did that it went away. Hopefully that fixes it for most of you