One keyboard key having 2 different outputs, is it possible?

Chicken-Fury

Commendable
Jan 1, 2017
I have been fond of the game counterstrike for quite a while and I love the option to switch between previous weapons through the "Q" key. Since other videogames do not have that option I was wondering if its possible to manually do it by turning the "Q" input into an output of "1" then "2" each time its hit for example:
- First time Q is hit then the keyboards reads "1" and implements it.
- Second time it reads "2" and implements it.
- Third time it reads "1" and the cycle goes on.
I have searched for a software that can do this but I cant seem to find it, please help. I realize that it will affect my messages but I just want to enable and disable it temporarily.

Solution
Hello Chicken-Fury,

If the game has a console and you can create a script for the functionality of a key (Q in this case) then it should be posssible.

If the game doesn't have a console you might need a program that gives you the option to customize they keys and how they work.
Tho I know there are programs made for overriding keys and mouse buttons I'm not sure if any gives the option that you're requesting.

After a quick search I found ATNSOFT's Key Remapper and it could help you with what you're looking for but I haven't tested it yet as I'm at faculty right now and haven't got the time.

You could try it yourself or wait for me to get home and try it.
Have a nice day!

cazanlucianadelin

Reputable
Nov 22, 2017
Hello Chicken-Fury,

If the game has a console and you can create a script for the functionality of a key (Q in this case) then it should be posssible.

If the game doesn't have a console you might need a program that gives you the option to customize they keys and how they work.
Tho I know there are programs made for overriding keys and mouse buttons I'm not sure if any gives the option that you're requesting.

After a quick search I found ATNSOFT's Key Remapper and it could help you with what you're looking for but I haven't tested it yet as I'm at faculty right now and haven't got the time.

You could try it yourself or wait for me to get home and try it.
Have a nice day!

Solution