Does Asus make a 27" 1440p 10bit monitor?

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Does Asus make a 27" 1440p 10bit monitor?

I only ask such a specific question because I couldn't locate one through Google and I have a defect on my PG279Q but even though I qualify for advanced replacement they've said there is no stock available for 6 weeks now. I don't really need 144Hz but a 10bit display would be helpful for my photography.

I assume my Asus Nvidia 1070 can output 10bit.

If they're going to give me the run around for months I'm considering asking about a different replacement display, even though they will probably say no. I don't want to go 4K at 27" because I hear things are just painfully small in programs that weren't built to scale well, and the closer the display is to the one I already have the more chance I can convince a supervisor that they've kept me waiting long enough.

Just a thought.

Thanks!

Solution
GeForce cards only support 10-bit for DirectX applications. Professional applications use OpenGL and require a Quadro card.

But to answer the question, the ASUS PA279Q or PA27AC would be your options.

Darkmatterx

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2003
Sorry to necro this thread of mine but I had a question that related back to this topic specifically.

I wanted to know if a normal Nvidia GTX (Asus) 1070 video card would output "psudo" 10bit in DirectX and OpenGL on a display that says it does 8bit + FRC?

Now, since I see that Glenwing specifically mentions the Asus PA279Q in his answer I'm guessing that the answer is 'no' but I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

8-bit + FRC is the physical implementation by which the monitor achieves 10-bit color reproduction. It isn't a different kind of signal output from the GPU.

The GPU doesn't know or care how the monitor is displaying the 10-bit colors (or if it is even showing them at all). All it knows is that the monitor has identified itself as having 10-bit capability. What the monitor does with the extra color data is the monitor's business. The GPU doesn't take a different action if it's an 8-bit + FRC monitor instead of a "true" 10-bit, that's not managed by the GPU. All it sees is a monitor that says "send me colors in 10-digit format instead of 8-digit format".