Old PC worth reselling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subterminal303

Commendable
Oct 13, 2017
I have a new build and will probably sell my old one. Not sure how much it's worth. It's able to be OC'd, but never has been.

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel - Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($247.97 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-Z68XP-UD3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($74.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($73.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Galaxy - GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB Video Card
Case: Antec - Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair - Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($18.49 @ OutletPC)

I have most, if not all, of the original boxes as well if it's worth it to resell individual parts.

izAUMc

gtx.jpg

Solution
I have a lot of those components in my old build now used as a backup PC. Your video card is the weak link. I'd say get on Craig's List for your city and see what similar gaming rigs are selling for. Hint: the larger your city, the more the competition.

With that said, and I'm assuming you are in the US, I'd say you should get $250-$300. But as stated, your weak GPU is what is holding back resell value. If you had say a GTX 680 or above, you'd get more. And yes, you'll get more parting it out separately.
I would check the ebay Sold listings for the major components (CPU, RAM, Motherboard, Video card) to get a rough idea for pricing. You are probably going to do the best parting it out. Stuff like the case, DVD drive may be a hard sell.

I have a lot of those components in my old build now used as a backup PC. Your video card is the weak link. I'd say get on Craig's List for your city and see what similar gaming rigs are selling for. Hint: the larger your city, the more the competition.

With that said, and I'm assuming you are in the US, I'd say you should get $250-$300. But as stated, your weak GPU is what is holding back resell value. If you had say a GTX 680 or above, you'd get more. And yes, you'll get more parting it out separately.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.