Whea Uncorrectable error

hardtech

Honorable
Apr 13, 2014
2 PC is having BSOD WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR , Windows 10 1709 on one pc and on other windows 10 1703. Oone PC is one year old and other is 4 months old.

Why am i receiving this ?

On one i have updated bios still issue persists.

1)The system has rebooted without cleaning shutting down first.This could be caused if system stopped responding, crashed or lost power unexpectadly (Both system)

2) the previous shuntdown at ___ on___ was unexpected (Both system)

3) the system firmware has changed the orocessors memory range registers across a sleep state transition. this can result in reduced resume performance (System 1)

System 1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz
ASUS X99A
32 GBytes DDR4
NVDIA QUADRO M2000 4GB
POWERSUPPLY CORSAIR CX750
Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bit (Build 16299)

System 2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
Asus H270 PRIME
32 GBytes DDR4
NVIDIA Quadro P2000 5gb
Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bit (Build 15063)

Colif

Win 11 Master
On both systems, Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server (like Google Drive, Microsoft Onedrive or Dropbox, to name just a few examples)and share the link here

I will ask someone to convert the dump files so i can understand them

remove any overclocks
update the bios on both
remove any overclocking software as well, such as MSI Afterburner, or AI Suite on Asus motherboards

WHEA = Windows Hardware Error Architecture, they are errors called by CPU but not necessarily caused by the CPU. It can be any hardware or some drivers or over heating.

event viewer will report an event 41 for both as it was an unexpected shutdown, that report is run every startup and if PC finds it wasn't shut down normally, it creates an event 41. Its not an indication of cause, its just a reaction.

hardtech

Honorable
Apr 13, 2014
a fatal hardware error has occurred. reported by component processor core. This is also shown after the last boot screen... and NO MINI DUMP is created because i did ensure check in those 2 boxes before itself and select small mini dump

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have Asus AI Suite on both PC? it is well known for causing WHEA errors.

reformat only help if its a software cause and you don't put same thing back on again. WHEA errors only normally caused by Overclocking software, not normally other drivers. Also caused by other hardware, just not specifically the CPU.

Try running Intel processor Diagnostic Tool on both

on the newer one, can you look in C:/windows and see if there is a Memory.dmp file as I assume it isn't going to be huge yet and might give us a starting spot.

hardtech

Honorable
Apr 13, 2014
No I dont have asus AI suite its a custom build PC used for cad user... and rendering purposes..

Where should i begin? Removing each ram ? something like that? Because the user is busy person ...

Colif

Win 11 Master
DPC WATCH DOG VIOLATION can be a driver error. As can WHEA errors but rarely

You can try running driver verifer on both PC, just read the instructions carefully. It is part of win 10 designed to find misbehaving drivers. It will cause BSOD, that is its job since it tests drivers.

note: sometimes this will put you into a boot loop so it helps to have a win 10 installer handy to get out again. Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, if you don't have one already
Also helps to run system restore before hand to create a system restore point to roll back to if necessary. I would do this before running driver verifer

Once it bsod, upload the minidump file if it makes one. Otherwise have to hope the bsod mentions a driver name. Its hard to say where to begin without dump files to show us what errors are saying.

hardtech

Honorable
Apr 13, 2014
System 1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz
ASUS X99A
32 GBytes DDR4
NVDIA QUADRO M2000 4GB
POWERSUPPLY CORSAIR CX750
Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bit (Build 16299)

This doesnot produce any minidumps, how can i make sure mini dumps are written so i can post here? before it was writing...

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/2fWg.html

File: 071218-8234-01.dmp (Jul 12 2018 - 01:46:28)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for IntelNit.sys
Probably caused by: IntelNit.sys (Process: System)
Uptime: 6 Day(s), 16 Hour(s), 28 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

Motherboard: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X299-A/
You are using BIOS version 0402 (2017/06/20) . The latest BIOS is version 1401 (2018/06/15). Verify this information before attempting to update. Note: Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master

hardtech

Honorable
Apr 13, 2014
System 2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
Asus H270 PRIME
32 GBytes DDR4
NVIDIA Quadro P2000 5gb
Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Professional 64-bit (Build 15063)

i formatted this PC due to blue screen errors and system hangs..now bluescreeen doesnot appear but system freezes sometime then i cant use task bar or apps anything...

Colif

Win 11 Master

2. things,

1. I would start a new thread as only 2 people who will look at this question are me & gardenman
2. Update windows 10 as 15063 is a really old build of windows, we currently on 17763. Version you using is 1 year old. That might help the freezing problem

download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB. Then put USB in drive, open file explorer and run setup.exe on the USB. Use it to update PC. (you can use media creation tool to update PC withoiut making USB but if update doesn't succeed, you would have to download all files again. Easier to just use USB as then you only download them once).

3. (okay, I can't count) Have you got latest BIOS?