PC Restarting Always After Initial Boot

Apr 3, 2018
I recently installed a 120gb Kingston SSD onto my computer. I transferred everything from my old 1TB hard drive onto this SSD and then unplugged the 1TB hardrive and no longer use it (I'd still like to use it I'll get to that issue later). Now when I turn on my computer, everything boots up great and everything works fine, it will ALWAYS reboot without warning after around 10-30 minutes after start. Every single time. It is very annoying and really would like a fix. I've tried switching the SATA ports because someone said if it's on the 3rd it could cause problems so I switched it to 1 and it still does it.

Solution
Hello nicksturk

Can you please try updating the graphics driver and installing all the Windows updates?

Also, please try running the CHKDSK command by typing CMD in the Cortana search box, right-clicking Command Prompt in the Best match list, clicking Run as administrator, typing the CHKDSK /R command and pressing Enter. If this doesn't help, re-run the command with the /F parameter. (E.g. CHKDSK /F)

If the issue persists, please Run the SFC /SCANNOW Command and see if it could do the trick.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!!
Hello nicksturk

Can you please try updating the graphics driver and installing all the Windows updates?

Also, please try running the CHKDSK command by typing CMD in the Cortana search box, right-clicking Command Prompt in the Best match list, clicking Run as administrator, typing the CHKDSK /R command and pressing Enter. If this doesn't help, re-run the command with the /F parameter. (E.g. CHKDSK /F)

If the issue persists, please Run the SFC /SCANNOW Command and see if it could do the trick.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!!

Solution