BSOD on shutdown

Mak021

Reputable
Aug 30, 2016
Hello, i've been searching the internet far and wide for a solution and could not find one.

Namely the problem i have is when i click shutdown (or play games for longer than 20 minutes) my pc just crashes, completely. Now as i've said i tried diagnosing it myself and the problem (according to bluescreenview) is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ntoskrnl.exe

My PC specs are:
AMD Ryzen 3 1300x (not OC)
AMD RX 550 2gb (factory OC)
4gb Patriot Signature DDR4 2400mhz
A320M-DS2 (rev 1.0)

I'm unsure which files i should attach to this so please request them.
I've already done sfc/ scannow, windows memory diagnostic and both came up negative.

Solution
Hello Mak021

I was wondering if you already tried updating the graphics driver?

If the driver is updated, please try rolling it back to its earlier built.

If the issue persists, please try removing the installed driver altogether, downloading the latest and one version earlier driver from the vendor's official website, and then installing each at a time from the start.

Also, please do not forget to check for and install all the Windows updates.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!
Hello Mak021

I was wondering if you already tried updating the graphics driver?

If the driver is updated, please try rolling it back to its earlier built.

If the issue persists, please try removing the installed driver altogether, downloading the latest and one version earlier driver from the vendor's official website, and then installing each at a time from the start.

Also, please do not forget to check for and install all the Windows updates.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Solution

Mak021

Reputable
Aug 30, 2016
That was such an easy fix but i completely overlooked my gpu drivers. I got my gpu less than a month ago so i just sort of thought "well it cant be i just got it" but i guess that was the issue.

Thanks for the help!