Opinions on Viotek 144Hz GN32LD QHD 32

cholt10

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
Does anybody have any experience with Viotek Monitors. I would hope for the price it’s quality. This is the one I’m considering:

Viotek 144Hz GN32LD QHD 32

Solution
I'm typing to you from one right now and it's a very decent monitor for the price... I paid $450 on Massdrop and I don't think there's anything else at that price point that gives you the stats this monitor does; 1440p, curved 31.5" screen, 144hz, and freesync for under $500. There is faint blacklight bleed along the bottom but I hadn't even noticed until I tested it for this answer. The stand is very good but the OSD is kind of clunky. The LEDs on the back are very dim. Mine came with zero dead pixels. I don't regret the purchase and overall and am very satisfied coming form a 27" 60hz 1440p monitor. I would have a hard time believing the perceptible difference between this Viotek and the Samsung or Asus are worth the $150-220+...

EntropyZ

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014
The panels they use are terrible and either have backlight bleed or very noticable ghosting, some people either get lucky or just live with it. Personally I wouldn't recommend anything from them. If you live in the US and the price is pretty low to comparable monitors, I would try it. But for another $100 or so you could get superior monitor overall from Samsung or even Massdrop, if you're not going to replace it anytime soon, you might not regret splashing on one.

Is 144hz a requirement for you? And do you have an AMD GPU to take advantage of Freesync?

cholt10

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
Well that was a little more discouraging than I had hoped for, but I appreciate the candor. Yeah the 144hz and 1440p along with the size was what appealed to me. But, being as it’s on Amazon I guess I can always get good return.
Also, I do have AMD to take advantage of the free sync

May 13, 2018
I'm typing to you from one right now and it's a very decent monitor for the price... I paid $450 on Massdrop and I don't think there's anything else at that price point that gives you the stats this monitor does; 1440p, curved 31.5" screen, 144hz, and freesync for under $500. There is faint blacklight bleed along the bottom but I hadn't even noticed until I tested it for this answer. The stand is very good but the OSD is kind of clunky. The LEDs on the back are very dim. Mine came with zero dead pixels. I don't regret the purchase and overall and am very satisfied coming form a 27" 60hz 1440p monitor. I would have a hard time believing the perceptible difference between this Viotek and the Samsung or Asus are worth the $150-220+ premium.

Solution