Windows Loading to a Basic Desktop

ThatGuyTyping

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
So, I've never had this happen before and can't seem to search for anyone having the same "bug".. I hope?

I got home, turned on the PC like normal but to loaded up to a basic, fresh windows install desktop.

Windows message came up from the tool bar saying it couldn't activate at this time. Some of my desktop icons were there but most installed applications like Afterburner, Corsair Utility, Steam wern't present.

I restarted, it goes to my normal desktop with all icons, background, applications.

What's going on here?

Solution
Programs will still be installed, display of some icons and listings will depend if the program was installed for all users or an individual account. Some apps install for all users automatically and some don't like Steam.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Are you signing in with an Ms account? My guess it couldn't connect online properly and reverted to an guest account and it was able to sign in after a restart.

Next time this happens try log out and login again, might've been just a temporal miss connection with Ms servers.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Programs will still be installed, display of some icons and listings will depend if the program was installed for all users or an individual account. Some apps install for all users automatically and some don't like Steam.

Solution